Nursing for All’s response to COVID-19 in Liberia
As of April 20, Liberia has 101 cases of COVID-19, an exponential increase since March 31, when there were only 6.
Here is what Nursing for All is doing to flatten the curve:
- Reconfiguring initiatives so that essential services can be delivered safely for both the clinician and the patient
- Requiring nonessential employees who work in the field to take paid leave
- Funding additional personal protective equipment for every nurse and midwife
- Offering COVID-19 programming:
• Community education and hand hygiene stations in Montserrado county
• Community education via radio in Nimba county
- Donating personal protective equipment to partner facilities
- Donating personal protective equipment to vulnerable non-partner facilities
We anticipate the COVID-19 epidemic is just beginning in Liberia. Please consider supporting our local nurse-led efforts.
Nursing for All’s mission is to improve health globally by empowering nurses working in low income countries.
Nursing for All's flagship program is our Nurse-led Public Health initiative Programs, which are designed and implemented by Liberian nurses to improve health in their own communities
2015 Global Giving Foundation Awardee
2017 Children's Prize
2014 Ashoka Changemakers Finalist
2013 Echoing Green