As of May 31, Liberia has 296 cases of COVID-19, an exponential increase since March 31, when there were only 6.
Here is what Nursing for All is doing to flatten the curve:
- Reconfiguring initiatives so that essential services can be delivered safely for both the clinician and the patient
- Requiring nonessential employees who work in the field to take paid leave
- Funding additional personal protective equipment for every nurse and midwife
- Offering COVID-19 programming:
• Community education and hand hygiene stations in Montserrado county
• Community education via radio in Nimba county
- Donating personal protective equipment to partner facilities
- Donating personal protective equipment to vulnerable non-partner facilities
We anticipate the COVID-19 epidemic is just beginning in Liberia. Please consider supporting our local nurse-led efforts.